It’s all too easy to fall into a cooking rut when cooking meals for your family, so we’re here to help inspire you with this easy and delicious family friendly Curried Sausage Pasta Bake!
This recipe combines ingredients kids love: sausages, cheese and pasta – and it’s even been toddler approved! It’s simple to put together, is versatile (why not add a tin of corn or some frozen peas?) and perhaps best of all it’s also freezer friendly.
You can substitute the ingredients, why not try chicken or pork sausages instead, or you could also use mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar.
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees – fan forced.
2. Finely chop the onion and grate the cheese before setting aside until needed.
3. Cut the uncooked sausages into small pieces and also set aside – the easiest way to do this is by using kitchen scissors.
4. Half fill a medium saucepan with water before placing over a high heat. When the water begins to boil, add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions.
5. Place a frypan over a medium high heat, add oil and heat before adding the onion, garlic and curry powder.
6. After approximately 2 minutes, add the sausage pieces and cook for another 10 minutes or until the sausages have browned and are almost cooked through. Remove from heat.
7. Drain pasta and tip it into a 20cm square oven safe casserole dish. Add the cooked sausages, onion, garlic and curry mixture before carefully pouring both tins of crushed tomatoes over the top. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and add approximately ¼ cup of grated cheese.
8. Using a large metal spoon, carefully mix ingredients all together until combined.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and place into oven for 35 minutes, or until the cheese has melt and begins to turn brown.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes before serving. This Pasta Bake tastes great on it’s own, or you could serve it with steamed beans and broccoli.