when summer rolls around I’m all about eating fresh and healthy meals that also taste great. These Hawaiian Chicken Burgers tick all those boxes (and so many more!).
If you have a BBQ then it’s incredibly easy to whip these up on the grill, but if not, you can always use a frying pan to cook the chicken and pineapple instead.
If you’re entertaining outdoors, why not pop all of the ingredients out onto platters and let everyone create their own burger? It’s a great way to keep everyone happy!
I like to grill my pineapple on the BBQ because I really love how it brings out the super sweet flavour of the fruit. But I also know a couple of people in my family who absolutely hate cooked pineapple, so simply use cooked or uncooked pineapple depending on what your family prefers.
Once you’ve cooked your chicken and pineapple, it’s just a matter of piling your burgers high with delicious salad fillings and drizzling over the yummy sweet chilli and mayo dressing.
These burgers are delicious served with chunky cut potato chips on the side – yum!
• 4 bread rolls
• 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced in half
• 4 tinned pineapple circles
• 4 slices tasty cheese
• 8 cos lettuce leaves
• ½ red onion, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
1. Slice the 2 chicken breasts thinly in half so that you have 4 pieces.
2. Place the chicken into a shallow bowl.
3. Drain the pineapple circles and pour the pineapple juice over the chicken pieces.
4. Place the chicken into the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
5. Heat the grill on the BBQ and cook the chicken and pineapple until cooked through.
6. Slice the bread rolls in half and top with the lettuce, onion, cheese, chicken breast, pineapple, sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise.
7. Serve immediately.
What are your favourite burger fillings?