I absolutely love summer and the foods it produces. Who doesn’t? The colours and flavours are to die for. I love making this garden Summer Salad – It has everything in it and can be a great addition to any meal or on its own. It’s also great if you’re watching your waist line!
- ½ Red Capsicum
- ½ Yellow Capsicum
- Handful of Green Beans
- 2 Tomatoes
- Lettuce – I used about ½ of a big Iceberg lettuce
- 2 Sticks of celery
- ½ Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Kalamata Olives – optional
- 1 Tablespoon of Parsley chopped – or more if you wish
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cap fulls of white vinegar
- Wash and trim the ends of the beans and chop in half. Place them in a saucepan of boiling water. Boil them for 5 minutes or until just soft but still firm. You still want a bit of crunch.
- Once they’ve boiled, place them in to a bowl of cold water. This helps not only keep their colour but more importantly stops the cooking process. Remove after about 1 minute.
- In the meantime, chop the rest of the vegetables up and place them in a bowl.
- For the dressing, in a bowl combine the finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, oil and vinegar and using a fork, mix together.
- Once the dressing is mixed pour over the salad and toss through.
Arrange on a plate and enjoy. Serves 4 – 6