Everyone has a go to easy weeknight meal, and pasta bake has to be one of our favourites. If you’re wondering what to do with those left over roast vegetables then this roast vegetable pasta bake is the perfect solution.
A filling vegetarian pasta bake with plenty of flavour is the perfect quick weeknight meal and a great way to keep the grocery budget in check. Bake up some extra veggies whenever you do a roast and whip this up for later. It also freezes well and makes a great lunch alternative.
Roast vegetable pasta bake
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1.5 cups pumpkin, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthways
- 2 medium zucchinis, pealed and sliced lengthways
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tin diced tomatos
- 1 cup motzerella cheese
- 2.5 cups uncooked bow pasta
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- If sweet potato, pumpkin, eggplant and zucchinis are uncooked, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and paper and place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 min or until browned.
- Place 1 tbs olive oil, garlic and onion in a medium pan and fry for 3-4 minutes or until clear and starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, tomato, herbs, pumpkin, mushroom/onion mix and sweet potato, and toss to combine.
- Layer half the mixture into a baking dish and then top with eggplant and zucchinis.
- Layer the remaining pasta mix on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with a side salad.