This recipe is a favourite in our household we use to make these as kids and freeze them for our lunch snacks. This recipe is great as the mixture can also be frozen and thawed out for another day when you want to bake some cookies. The Cookies also freeze well after they have been cooked. You can add to them whatever you like we have made, white chocolate chip, macadamia, choc chip, jam drops and a load more from this one recipe. This is a great recipe for cooking with kids also, it only has 4 ingredients and super easy for them to role the dough and cut shapes out of.
• 500g butter
• 1 can condensed milk
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 5 cups Self Raising flour
1. Preheat oven at 180C
2. Line 2 large trays with baking paper.
3. Cream sugar and butter.
4. Add condensed milk and continue to cream.
5. Slowly add the flour to the mixture until fully combined.
6. Divide mixture into4 – 6 different portions depending on how many different flavour biscuits you want to make.
7. Add the different ingredients to each portion eg, nuts, chocolate chips, jam etc.
8. Roll into approx 3/4 inch balls and place on trays, flatten slightly. Place a couple cm apart as they will expand when cooking.
9. Bake for 12 minutes until biscuits are golden in colour. Biscuits may be soft to touch when you take them out of the oven but don’t worry they firm up as they cool.
10. Let cool and enjoy!