We are always looking for quick and easy lunchbox fillers and these delicious savoury cheese & bacon muffins make the perfect healthy lunch box snack. They are great for when the kids decide they’ve had enough of sandwiches and are suitable to freeze for later.
This cheese and bacon muffin recipe gives the instructions for a Thermomix, but you could convert in to a standard recipe by simply. We’ve included alternative instructions below.
Thermomix Cheese & Bacon Muffin Recipe
Serves 12, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 18-20 mins
- 90g (6 slices) bacon
- 130g grated cheese
- 160g milk
- 20g olive oil
- 1 egg
- 110g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp stock paste
- 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until it is nice and crispy.
- Put the cooked bacon in the thermomix and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the cheese, milk, olive oil, egg and stock paste and mix on reverse speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- Add the flour and baking powder and put your butterfly into place.
- Fold the mixture on reverse speed 3 for 3-5 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into well prepared muffin tins (or cases) until they are just over half full.
- Pop half a cherry tomato into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool before turning out.
Non Thermomix procedure
- Following step 2…
- Chop bacon into small cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, milk, olive oil, egg and stock paste and stir well until combined.
- Fold in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Continue with above instructions from step 7.
I would highly recommend doubling this recipe. Suitable to freeze.
About the author: Robyn from Mrs D plus 3
Robyn writes over at Mrs D plus 3 which started out as a way to keep in touch with old friends after she packed up her family and moved from the UK to Australia. The blog has grown into a community of fun, crazy women who love sharing in her family and food adventures. She can’t live without her Thermomix and never leaves the house without a camera.
This recipe originally appeared on Mrs D plus 3 and has been reproduced with permission. If you love your Thermomix and enjoyed these awesome Thermomix Cheese & Bacon Muffins then check out her blog for heaps more Thermomix recipes.