Lamb shanks are a really cost effective meal option and are easy to cook in the slow cooker. This slow cooker lamb shank curry is delicious and is suitable to freeze. Serve with rice and green beans and the whole family will be happy.
You can also add additional vegetables to the curry if desired, sweet potato works particularly well, as do beans, carrots and peas.
Slow cooker lamb shank curry recipe
- 4 large lamb shanks, fat trimmed
- 1/3 cup red curry paste
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- In a pan on medium to high heat, briefly brown the lamb shanks and onions and then place in the slow cooker.
- Combine water, curry paste and tomato paste in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Add pastes and water to slow cooker and coat lamb.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-5 hours).
- 30 minutes before serving add the coconut cream and stir well.
- Serve with rice and green beans.