Anzac Day will be with us in no time! Whilst Anzac biscuits and Anzac slice are the perfect sweet treat anytime of the year, there is no better time than now to have some fun in the kitchen creating this yummy and easy Anzac Slice.
This is another great recipe to get the kids involved in, the only problem is they will want to eat all of this yummy mixture before it goes into the oven!
You will need:
1 1/4 cups of plain flour
1 1/4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of desiccated coconut
150g of butter – chopped into small pieces
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water
Let’s put it together!
1. Line a slice tin (approx 28cm x 18cm) with baking paper – making sure you leave paper hanging over the edges and Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and coconut using a large metal spoon and make a well in the centre.
3. In a small saucepan, add the butter and golden syrup and cook over a low heat for 6 – 8 minutes or until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined. Make sure to stir the mixture every minute or so.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the bicarbonate of soda and boiling water. Then remove the melted butter mixture from the heat and stir in the dissolved bicarbonate of soda mixture.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the well made from the dry ingredients. Use a large metal spoon to combine.
6. Pour the slice into your prepared pan and using the back of a spoon, press the mixture evenly into slice tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until the slice is golden brown.
7. Carefully remove the slice from the oven and allow it to completely cool in the tray.
8. Use the overhanging baking paper to remove the slice from the tin and cut into squares to serve.
Do you know someone who would love this easy Anzac Slice