Baked Potatoes are the perfect easy weekend meal in our house, as they are easy to make, taste great and are also a brilliant way to use up any leftovers. This recipe for Easy Baked Potato Wedges is a great way to mix things up a little and is the perfect snack or weekend meal that the whole family will enjoy. Instead of using bacon and spring onions, why not raid your fridge and top with leftovers – they taste great served with bolognese sauce or even shredded roast meats.
To make these easy Baked Potato Wedges, you will need:
1kg of unwashed potatoes
4 rashers of shortcut bacon
1 cup of tasty cheese – grated
3 spring onions
2 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper to taste
Let’s put it together!
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Thoroughly wash your potatoes, ensuring you remove all the dirt from their skins.
3. Pat the potatoes dry using some paper towel and then wrap them individually in foil before placing on a baking tray. Pop the baking tray into your preheated oven and bake for one hour. Make sure you test the potatoes by carefully inserting a sharp knife into their centre to make sure they have cooked through. Please remember your cooking time may vary due to the size of the potatoes you are using.
4. Remove your cooked potatoes from the oven and set them aside to cool slightly. Increase your oven temperature to 210 degrees.
5. Slice the bacon into small pieces and finely chop the spring onions. Place them into a non stick frying pan and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Remove the frying pan from the stovetop and place the cooked bacon and onions onto a sheet of paper towel.
6. Carefully remove the foil from your baked potatoes before slicing them into quarters. Place the potato quarters into either a large baking dish or a baking tray.
7. Spread the butter across the potatoes before covering them with the cooked bacon and spring onions and the grated cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place the potatoes back into the oven and cook for a further 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.
9. Carefully remove the potato wedges from the oven and serve.
What is your favourite baked potato topping?