Rocky road is one of those delicious little treats that I just can’t say no to! It probably doesn’t help that I’m a total and utter chocoholic either! To be honest, I would hate to think of how many batches of rocky road I’ve made over the years. I’d like to say that most of those batches have been given away as gifts for friends and family… but let’s face it… it’s more likely that I gobbled my way through them all by myself!
This rocky road recipe is my go-to favourite. It’s the perfect recipe and is oh-so-delicious! It’s packed full of marshmallows, peanuts, raspberry lollies and coconut. This classic version is always a winner! Best of all, it’s incredibly quick and simple… in fact, it will take you less than 5 minutes to whip up a batch (and that is very dangerous thing for a chocoholic, I can tell you!).
If you like to mix things up a little, why not try one of these delicious varieties:
This recipe really is so versatile and it’s great to have a play around with different flavours! If you’ve got little kids, why not let them choose their ingredients and make their own variety of rocky road (this is a great school holiday activity!).
If you’re a super nice person, rocky road makes the perfect gift! Simply place a few slices into a cellophane bag and tie with a pretty ribbon – how simple is that!
400g milk chocolate (dark or white can also be used if you prefer)
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup peanuts
200g marshmallows, chopped in half (or you can use mini marshmallows instead)
150g lolly raspberries
1. Grease and line a standard sized slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place the coconut, peanuts, marshmallows and lolly raspberries into a large bowl.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon until just melted.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut, peanuts, marshmallows and lolly raspberries.
5. Working quickly, stir the rocky road until completely combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray.
7. Place into the fridge to set.
8. Cut into slices and serve.
* Store rocky road in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
What are your favourite rocky road combinations?