Call me old fashioned, but my idea of relaxing involves a steaming hot cup of coffee and a biscuit – homemade of course! These Peanut M&M Biscuits certainly fit the bill and make the perfect morning or afternoon tea treat.
The base recipe for these biscuits is incredibly versatile and you can simply add your favourite flavour of M&Ms, chocolate chips or even chopped up chocolate bars to them. Personally I don’t think it gets much better than this Peanut M&M version, because after all, how can you go wrong with M&M’s?!?!
To make these Peanut M&M Biscuits, you will need:
125g butter – softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups plain flour – sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 x 250g pack of Peanut M&Ms
Let’s put it all together!
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees before lining two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat together the softened butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale and creamy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, make sure each egg is well combined before continuing.
4. Remove the bowl from your mixer stand and sift over the flour and baking powder before adding the coconut and M&Ms. Gently stir through all of the ingredients with a large metal spoon.
5. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place them on the baking tray, make sure you leave space between each cookie as they will spread.
6. Lightly flatten the tops of the cookies with the back of your hand or a fork before placing the trays into the oven to bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
7. Remove the trays from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on trays before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is also a great recipe to make with the kids. They will love to get involved and help measure out the ingredients (especially the M&M’s!) and the bigger kids can also help by rolling the dough into balls. What is also brilliant about this recipe is that you can freeze the uncooked dough – just wrap it well in cling wrap and you can have a batch of freshly baked Peanut M&M Biscuits to enjoy anytime!
What is your favourite biscuit recipe?