If you are looking for a creamy and delicious dessert that will impress your friends and family, you can’t go past this Baked Lemon Cheesecake. With a sweet biscuit base and a subtle lemon filling, this is the perfect way to end a meal. This recipe also allows you to be as creative as you like, why not add some raspberries or blueberries to the filling to give it something a little extra?
Best of all, this cheesecake is so EASY to put together – the hardest part is waiting for it to cool!
You will need:
250g of plain sweet biscuits – we used Arrowroot Biscuits
150g of butter – melted
500g of cream cheese – softened
3/4 cup of caster sugar
3 teaspoons of lemon rind – finely grated
1/4 cup of lemon juice
Let’s put it together
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and grease the bottom and sides of a 20cm round springform tin – you can use baking paper if you prefer.
2. Crush the biscuits in a food processor or using the end of a rolling pin until they finely crushed. Add the melted butter and combine.
3. Press the mixture over the base of the springform tin using the back of a metal spoon. Pop into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
4.In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the softened cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind and beat on a high speed until smooth.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
6. Add the lemon juice and beat for a further 2 minutes.
7. Pour the mixture into the springform tin and place in the oven to bake for approximately 50 minutes or until the filing has just set – it may still wobble a little in the centre, but will firm.
8. Cool cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar, before transferring to the fridge for four hours or until cold.
9. This cheesecake is perfect on it’s own, or you can serve it dusted with icing sugar and a side of whipped cream.
What is your favourite Cheesecake flavour?