With so many Christmas parties and end of year celebrations being held at the moment, it can be hard coming up with new and fun ideas when you are asked to ‘bring a plate’. Well we are here to help with this incredibly easy and gorgeous Christmas cupcake recipe. Simply make a batch of these yummy cupcakes, make your own buttercream (you could even use bought frosting if you prefer) and add a little decoration and you will impress both your family and friends at your next Christmas event!
Whilst the cupcake are cooling you can make the buttercream.
1. Sift the icing sugar int a small bowl and set aside until needed.
2. Place the softened butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until it’s pale and creamy.
3. While the mixer is still going, gradually add the icing sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until combined.
1. Cut the spearmint leave in half and set aside.
2. Place the buttercream into a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle.
3. Pipe the buttercream onto the top of the cooled cupcakes – starting from the outside and move inwards using a circular motion. Repeat until all cupcakes have been iced.
4. Place a red M&M in the middle of each cupcake and place one of the cut spearmint leaves on either side to create a ‘holly leaf’. Repeat until all the cupcakes have been decorated.
What is your favourite easy Christmas recipe to make? We’d love to hear it!